Saturday, March 13, 2010

Banana Coconut Smootie/ Gingerbread Granola Recipes

Happy Saturday! I started off the day with a 10 mile run and I feel great. Nothing like a good workout in the morning to get the day started. After my run I came home and made a Green Smoothie, this is my yummiest yet! I used...

1 banana
1 scoop protein powder
1 mandarin orange
2 tablespoon of my coconut kefir
The water from the coconut I opened yesterday
Ice
slash of orange juice
3 large leaves kale

Blend together and enjoy. The coconut kefir and protein powder made it super creamy... yum!

A few days ago I made some gingerbread granola. I love the flavors of gingerbread and wanted to put them in something healthy... like granola.

What I used...

Gingerbread Granola


2 Cups Rolled Oats (optional)

1 cup sprouted buckwheat

1/2 cup sprouted quinoa

1/4 cup sunflower seeds

1/4 cup raisins ann dried cranberries

1/2 Cup Unsweetened Coconut

1 Cup  Raw Cashews, Coarsely Chopped
1/4 cup maple sryrup (could use agave, honey or yacon sryrup)

1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon

1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger

1/2 Teaspoon Ground Allspice or Nutmeg

1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract

1/4 Teaspoon Salt

1/3 Cup Finely Minced Crystalized Ginger

Toss all but the last ingredient together and dehydrate for 4 hours or until dry at 105 degrees.



I also managed to get some seeds started and ordered a raised bed kit from Gardner's Supply, I am determined to grow some of my own veggies this year! Here are the seeds I started...



Lettuce, beets, squash, peppers, cucumbers and I forget what else! Looking forward to some warmer weather so I can get these planted outside! Do you grow your own veggies?

No comments:

Post a Comment