Saturday, June 26, 2010

Raw Macaroons, Raw "Cheetos"

Hello! 


It's been quite a while since I have posted... I have been super busy with work, summer projects, Mackenzie being out of school and I guess just life in general. Next Tuesday Mackenzie and I are headed to Southern California for a 7 day vacation of hanging out Lake Arrowhead and then going to Disneyland... we are both very excited! I can't even remember the last time I took a seven day vacation or got to spend 7 relaxing days with my little girl!



I have been busy trying new recipes too. I stumbled upon these protein cakes on the site Foods of April after reading about the protein ice cream that Heather of Heather eats almond Butter makes.  These are both two of my new favorite recipes. The protein cakes are really good and easy to put your own twist on. What I used was...


1 and 1/2 scoops vanilla protein powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 egg whites
1 tablespoon apple sauce
1 to 2 teaspoons cinnamon
splash vanilla extract
sprinkle of stevia


Mix it up and microwave for a minute. They are so good cut in half and smothered with almond butter. They keep well in the fridge too. 


I also made Stacy Neely's  raw "cheetos" but used Kristen Suzanne's cheezy hemp sauce for the coating. Soooo good and easy! Here's how to make them...
Cut cauliflower into florets


Coat with sauce (use Kristen's Hemp sauce or Stacy's "cheeto" sauce {recipe follows})



Dehydrate until crisp... overnight for me.  


Enjoy! 

Stacy Neely Stower's Cheeto Sauce recipe is here...
"Stacy's Fabulouso Cheeto Puffs" and "Spicalisous Nori Nachos"

1 cup sunflower seeds soaked and sprouted
1 c raw soaked cashews soaked
1 c raw soaked almonds
1 big orange
1 cup red pepper diced
2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp taco seasoning
2-4 Tbsp of nutritional yeast

Process all ingredients and use this as a batter to coat small pieces of RAW CAULIFLOWER. dehydrate at 108 for 24 hours or until crunchy. ENJOY!

I use this same "batter" for the inside of my "Spicalisious Nori Nachos"....except I omit the nutritional yeast and I add cayenne pepper for the SPICALISOUSNESS! Spread batter between 2 layers of raw unroasted nori sheets and dehydrate at 108 for 24 hours or until crunchy. cut into triangles.

I know your family will looooove these!


I also decided to make raw macaroons since I ordered this huge bucket of coconut from Tropical Traditions...


I used...
2 cups shredded coconut from Tropical Traditions
3/4 cup ground cashews
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon coconut oil from Tropical Traditions
small squirt of agave
1/3 cup ground flaxmeal
chocolate chip (to half the batch)



pop into dehydrator...


Then devour!

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend! 







3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you like them! They are such easy snacks :D

    mmm I had no idea you could make healthy cheetos! How neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg the cheetos recipe is FABULOUS! I just made Kristen's cheezy hemp sauce last week. It was really quite a KICK hot/spicy! as just a dip. I could totally see coating the cauli w/ it and the flavor mellowing a bit in the dehyd.

    But i love! the looks of Stacy's. Nooch, an orange (not a lemon!) and the cashews/almonds/sunf seeds not hemp seeds..wow that looks sooo good! I think i need to try this! I have everything except the orange on hand!

    The macs look awesome too! I have so much coocnut product in my house too!

    Enjoy your vacay w/ your precious lil girl..you both look gorgeous!

    And thank you bunches for all the kombucha info!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. do you think I could skip the dehyd and just bake the cheetos? I am horrible at waiting 24 hrs :)

    ReplyDelete