Friday, April 16, 2010

11 week initiative, day 7. Raw Curry Cilantro Corn Soup & More raw cupcakes!


Happy Friday!


I am so glad the weekend is here and the sun is shining! What are your plans for the weekend? I ordered some raised veggie beds  that I have been waiting to set up so I can plant some veggies. I want to plant tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, beets, potatoes, lettuce, kale, herbs and anything else I can get to grow. 


I think I will take Mackenzie to see the new movie How To Train Your Dragon, and make a much needed trip to Trader Joe's and Whole Foods. Where do you do most of your shopping? I live in such a remote area that I have to drive about 50 minutes to get to TJ's or WF's. Other things I am aspiring to do... clean my car, long run on Sunday, yoga on Saturday and some cleaning of the house.... save the best for last right? Wrong! :)


Yesterday I made some soup with a few ears of corn I had in the fridge. Here it goes...


Raw Curry Cilantro Corn Soup




3 or 4 ears corn (kernels shaved)
1/4 cup cashews
1 cup water
1 teaspoon garlic
1 green onion
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 teaspoon tumeric
dash of salt 
handful of cilantro
1/4 jalapeno pepper




Shave kernels from corn cobs.

Reserve about 1/4 cup of the corn kernels for garnish. Blend the rest of the ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor. 

Transfer to a bowl and add the remaining kernels. Optional garnishes are avocado, cilantro or a  drizzle of honey. Enjoy!



After breakfast I decided to make some more raw cupcakes from Shannon's Cupcake E-Book. I made 4 of the Bunny Spice Cupcakes with Nut Butter frosting from the book. So good! These are perfect for me as I love pie spice and nut butter. Perfect! Here they are....
Naked Cupcake...

 Frosted Cupcakes...

One with coconut and golden raisins..
One with walnuts...


and one with pecans...


All yummy! Don't you want to eat one Ellen???

Have you joined Shannon in her quest to get Ellen to eat a raw cupcake? Jump on board, it is so much fun!


Before I get to my eats for the day,I have to update yesterdays... around 10:00 last night I was starving so I made Danielle's microwave banana cake... yum!


For today... after my five mile run I made a huge green juice with romaine, celery, ginger, an apple, and a grapefruit. 



The finished product...




For breakfast I had some mixed fruit (banana, blood orange, strawberries)  topped with cinnamon. 



Lunch was some of the corn soup from above, some tofu and a salad with corn and cherry tomatoes. 

Later I had a raw cupcake and some popcorn at the movie theater that I brought along with me. 

Dinner was kelp noodles with veggies and tofu... I have been on a tofu kick lately. 

Dessert was banana soft serve with a few pecans on top... yummy!

Also, tomorrow is the big weigh in for the 11 week initiative... be sure to come back and check my progress!

3 comments:

  1. I love your play-by-plays of your daily eats. Good stuff.

    Those cuppies look adorable, too. I need to add them to my next post, if you're okay with that. This weekend is busy, so I'm not sure when it will be. Maybe Sunday or Monday, unless it just works out sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the big font and the cleaned up look of the blog!!!!
    great job on SM's cupcakes and i hope she wins too!
    and danielle's nanna cake, i have been wanting to try that one.
    great eats, sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yumm bunny spice cupcakes!!!!

    ReplyDelete