Sunday, February 28, 2010

Happy Sunday!


It has beeen a nice weekend and I have doing good with my eating (for the most part.) I even went with my sister to a little gathering at a friends, actually we played Bunko... a dice game and I won... Yay! So, there was tons of cooked food screaming at me at be eaten... pizza, cookies, you name it... but I refrained and did great. I stuck to some organic rice crackers and veggies... I am super proud of myself.

I have been doing bikram yoga again and boy are my legs sore. I can run and run and they don't get sore but they are from the yoga. Just goes to show you it's good to incoprorate different things into your routine. I am loving it. The hot room makes you suoer sweaty and you can feel any toxins being released... it is nice.

So.. yesterday afternoon, Mackenzie (my daughter) and I watched legally Blonde together and shared a bowl of popcorn dusted with cinnamon and I added some carob chips to mine. It was a yummy snack. Later in the evening after dinner I was feeling like something sweet so I made some vegan oatmeal cookies, not raw but very good. Here is the recipe... (my changes are below the recipe)

1 mashed banana
1 cup of brown sugar
1/2 of a cup of regular sugar
slightly less than 1/3 of a cup (about 1/4 of a cup plus 1 teaspoon) of oil
1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1 1/2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 of a teaspoon of salt
2 cups plus one my-sized handful (about 1/4 of a cup) of oats
3 tablespoons of water plus maybe a few more drops

Directions:

Mix the vegan brown sugar, vegan sugar, oil, and water. Add the banana and vanilla. then mix in the already pre-mixed together mixture of flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in the oats. If it is too thin, let stand a bit so the oats can absorb the excess liquid. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 13 minutes. To check if they are done, flip one over and it should be browned. Rip off a chunk to see it it is still raw. I usually let them sit a bit before I take them off the cookie sheet because, well, I do not really know, but it makes me not cook them too long because they finish cooking outside of the oven. I should mention to drop them by the tablespoon.

I followed almost exactly except I did not add any sugar but added maple syrup and agave, just a squirt or so of each. I folded in some walnuts and carob chips... YUM! So, I know I ate too many but they sure were good and not bad for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment