Friday, February 12, 2010

Raw challenge update...

Yesterday was a good day although I fell like I overate on some raw sweets... but I will give myself a break because they were all raw. I enjoyed a few too many raweos and lemon cookies. I also made some copycat bumble bars (recipe below) and kale chips in my new excalibur dehydrator... It came so quickly, I am very pleased!

If anyone has a recipe for raw gingerbread cookies that they swear by, please let me know as I miss the flavor and want a raw version.

So, if you have ever had a bumble bar you know it a seedy nutty darn good bar. Here is my version...

1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup flax meal
cinnamon to taste
splash vanilla
1/8 cup honey
1/8 cup agave or more to taste
dash salt (optional)
1/4 cup nuts (I used cashews)

Mix all together and dehydrate to desired dryness. Or... just pop in the freezer if you don't have a dehydrator and enjoy once cold.

These are great, and oh so healthy! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment