Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thursday

I woke up this morning feeling great! Doing this juice feast is helping me to realize that I am strong and in control of the choices I make in my life. It feels great to cleanse the body and the mind. I feel more at peace with myself and know that I can accomplish whatever goals I set for myself.

Today I did Bikram yoga, came home and made a green smoothie...

1 banana
4 strawberries
handful of blueberries
huge handful of the sprouts I grew
handful of greens
tablespoon of each twister powder and cocoa nibs
water
ice

Around 1:30 I made a carrot cake smoothie (it came out more like juice but was really yummy)

1 cup carrot juice
dash allspice
dash cinnamon
1/8 cup cashews

Blend it up and enjoy!

The rest of the day I enjoyed a kombucha and for dinner a YUMMY Orange Creamsicle Smoothie...

2 small mandarin oranges
1 cup almond milk
splash vanilla
1/2 cup orange juice
ice cubes
1 banana

blend it up! So good! Perfect for dessert!


I also enjoyed watching a video made by Michelle and Lori of Pure2Raw on how to make fermented foods. I ordered a scoby and am excited to start making my own kombucha. The videos are great!

Onto another subject. I had mentioned that I bought a gowear.fit calorie monitor. I have been wondering how many calories I am burning doing 90 minutes of hot sweaty bikram yoga. Some sources on the internet say up to 1000 calories... I wish. I wore my monitor today and it seems to be around 350 calories I burned. I think I need to do yoga a couple days a week and run the other days. I like the yoga for the stretching and relaxation and the running for the calories burnt.

No comments:

Post a Comment